In the news / New articles / Conference and seminar annoucements / Open positions
In the news:
- Georgia, Bulgaria and China are the top countries in terms of deaths from air pollution. Apparently, Georgia `has seen a sharp rise in the number of old, dirty diesel vehicles on the road over the last decade — and pollution testing is virtually non-existent.’ This could explain the sharper rise in mortality rates. More info and a good discussion for the lack of government action HERE.
- Five ways in which #Brexit could have an impact on energy and climate
- And if we are already on the #Brexit topic:
- Congratulations to Woods Hole Research Center (WHRC) for being ranked number one climate change think tank again.
- Both moral and economic reasons are important when it comes to ecosystem service assessment. Bees are a good example.
- Great new papers were presented at two fantastic environmental economics conferences that I attended recently, the SURED 2016 conference in Banyuls, south of France, and the EAERE 2016 conference in Zurich. Follow the links to the respective papers.Thanks and congrats to the organizers for two fantastic events!