A round-up of some recent interesting stuff in the news:
1. Todmorden, most likely the town in the world with the most depressing name, is now the most edible one in the world, too. Locals start planting vegetables in every free corner of the city. It gave rise to the term `vegetable tourist’. This definitely gives a huge THUMBS UP for innovativeness.
2. A short history of measuring CO2 and the important idea of crowdfunding.
3. Don’t underestimate the Germans 🙂 Here the author looks into whether Germany’s energy transition is feasible and questions why the rest of the world is not following.
4. A call to eliminate fossil fuel subsidies
5. What we really (believe we) know about climate change